Agnibeena

Deconstruction "relieves me of the obligation to be right . . . and demands only that I be interesting" - Stanley Fish

Friday, December 09, 2005

Shaykh Abdallah Adhami audios



Recently the website www.sakeenah.org had a massive update. It uploaded dozens of insightful and beneficial lectures by Shaykh Adhami pertaining to contemtporary issues faced by Muslims. The lectures can be found here. The website suggests a donation of 5 dollars or more if you find these lectures worthwhile.

More info about Sakeenah Institute can be found here

As I am typing this I am already listening to one of the lectures - Internal Nature of Shari'ah and its Eternality which the website describes as , "Shaykh Abdallah addresses the applicability of shari'ah (Islamic Law) in the context of its eternality and its view on the spirit and the body as inseparable entities. Submission to the divine law becomes the means by which the physical and spiritual realms can coexist in the Muslim, in this life and the next."


scholar profile:

Sheikh Abdallah Adhami
(taken from www.alimprogram.com)
Shaykh Abdullah Adhami was born in Georgetown, Washington, DC, of the noble lineage of the family of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. He began his studies of shari’ah at the age of eight, and heard his first scholarly narrative in 1975. He earned scholarly licenses from many eminent scholars from Damascus, Egypt and Morocco, and is honored with the unique and rare distinction of being a certified narrator of hadith.

Shaykh Abdullah also holds a degree in architecture from Pratt in New York City, and has seven years of international corporate experience in the area of organizational development and executive training.

Shaykh Abdullah Adhami has been serving the needs of the Muslim community in North America for over twenty years. He is currently working on a number of books, while pursuing higher studies in jurisprudence and Qur’anic sciences.

His works center on exploring the legal, ethical and spiritual dimensions of the linguistic implications of shari’ah texts. His works also strive to relate the eternal relevance of the essence of shari’ah laws as a vehicle to enhance modern lived experience. He is the founder and chairman of SAKEENAH.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger Agnibeena said…

    i found out about this update from another blog :)

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger Ayesha said…

    you know, i cant seem to download that particular lecture. why! VHY!

    are all the lectures working for you? :)

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Agnibeena said…

    nisa- haha i dont know but they just do :) The website ahs too much stuff. ANd here i am already overwhelmed by stuff from sunnitorrents.com

    yusuf - Interestingly enough I am suppose to make a reading list for some of my friends but too lazy to do it(where did u hear i am a book nerd). What type of book recommendation are you looking for? I have read some stuff that would seriously create havoc in many people's religious beliefs. I am not saying that I am immune because I have also been affected. Another problem that comes up is that I may recommend some journla articles that are hard to get unless one is enroleeld in an University. However for the moment www.scholarofthehouse.com has some really good book lists. You can start from there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter easy hit